Nursery Employee Roundup Cancer Lawsuits
For over 40 years, Monsanto has held a dark secret. Their product, Roundup, a herbicide used for eradicating weeds, has been linked to the development of certain cancers, and it has affected those that use their products the most: nursery employees.
Glyphosate, the main ingredient in Roundup, has been recently linked to debilitating side effects, injuries, and cancers like non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in caretakers that tend to nurseries or other commercial gardens.
And now, thousands are coming forward with their stories of how Roundup has affected them, even those outside of the nursery industry. In 2019, for instance, a jury ordered Monsanto to pay out over $289 million in damages to a 46-year-old school groundskeeper that used the toxic herbicide roughly 30 times a year and developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
If you were recently diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or some other form of cancer and have a history of using Roundup in your nursery, contact The Driscoll Firm, P.C. at 800-900-7704 or online to get the help you need to earn your rightful compensation today.
Why is Roundup Dangerous for Nursery Employees?
For over 40 years, caretakers of nurseries around the United States have used Roundup to take care of pesky weeds, but recently, the herbicide was found to be doing much more damage than originally anticipated, at least to users of the toxic product.
Nursery employees exposure to the main ingredient of Roundup – glyphosate – can occur when:
- Inhaling the chemical glyphosate in aerosol form as it is applied to crops or plants.
- Consuming food or water contaminated by the chemical.
- Cleaning up weed killer chemicals or transferring it from one container to another.
Data backing up the dangers of glyphosate exposure has been generated in multiple studies from the World Health Organization (WHO) and their research wing, International Agency for Research on Cancer around 2015. What these studies have shown is that glyphosate is linked to the development of certain cancers like non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Additionally, these reports found that glyphosate causes damage to DNA in both humans and animals. Because of the dangers that glyphosate usage poses, many countries around the globe have banned its use in order to keep caretakers like nursery employees safe.
What are the Side Effects & Injuries From Glyphosate Exposure?
Now that Roundup—specifically its main ingredient glyphosate—is a known hazard that causes many negative effects to nursery employees, the main point of concern that we must remain vigilant on is the development of certain cancers such as:
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- B-Cell Lymphoma
The chemical glyphosate is also known to cause a multitude of other side effects and injuries like:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Brain Cancers
- Breast, Lung, and Prostate Cancers
- Celiac Disease (and other gluten intolerances)
- Heart Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Liver Disease
- Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Reproductive Problems
- Respiratory Illnesses
Other side effects like ADHD, which occurs because of the effects glyphosate has on thyroid hormone function, and even birth defects like anencephaly —a condition where a portion of the baby’s brain is underdeveloped or missing entirely — have also been correlated to chronic (frequent) Roundup exposure.
If you or someone you love worked as a nursery employee, used Roundup frequently, and developed certain cancers like non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or any of the above side effects or injuries, you will need to get a professional examination from a doctor to confirm. Then, contact The Driscoll Firm, P.C. to start the claims process.
Contact The Driscoll Firm, P.C. at 800-900-7704 to schedule a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced product liability lawyers. We will make sure you obtain the justice and financial recovery you deserve.
How the Product Liability Attorneys at The Driscoll Firm, P.C. Can Help You with Your Claim
For years, our law firm has garnered much experience and many helpful resources to rank us as a leading legal team that wins product liability cases for its clients. We know what it takes to secure the compensation you need to help you and your family recover from the damages you have suffered.
The product liability attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. are more than capable of helping you:
- Negotiate medical treatment and expenses on your behalf, and ensure you get the best in care.
- Thoroughly investigate how Roundup caused your injury, side effect, and/or cancer.
- Reach out to local professionals within the medical and/or scientific communities for specifics regarding Roundup, its main ingredient glyphosate, and how it affects the body.
- Strengthen your case based on strong evidence and in-depth research.
- Negotiate with manufacturers and their insurance companies to ensure maximized monetary compensation is paid out to you.
The Driscoll Firm, P.C. takes pride in fighting tooth and nail for you and your right to secure the full compensation owed to you. Contact us at 800-900-7704 right now to learn what steps to take next in your Roundup lawsuit.
Filing a Roundup Product Liability Claim
Our Roundup lawsuit attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. are well versed at devising legal tactics and strategies designed to earn maximum monetary compensation for the clients we represent.
We are actively searching for nursery employees and caretakers that have been negatively affected by Roundup to tell us of their suffering, no matter what side effects, injuries, or cancers they suffer from due to their exposure.
To begin the process of filing a claim against Monsanto, you will want to take the following steps:
- Call us at 800-900-7704 – We have years of experience handling product liability cases and have a thorough understanding of the regulations surrounding this field of law. We know how to help you win your case based on your specific situation.
- We will tailor your case to be as effective as possible – Our product liability attorneys will collect all of the details regarding your Roundup exposure. We will focus on how Roundup—and its main ingredient glyphosate—affected you depending on your circumstances and determine if you qualify for compensation. Ask as many questions and express as many concerns that you may during your consultation so that you feel comfortable you are making the right decision.
- Decide if a Roundup lawsuit is what you want to do – You and your family need to be in agreement in pursuing a product liability claim regarding Roundup. This cases can be taxing to all involved, client and/or any related family.
Last but not least, you will then have to decide if filing individually, a multi-district litigation, or a class action lawsuit is the best option to select for you and your loved ones.
Multidistrict Litigation Lawsuit, a Class Action Lawsuit, or an Individual Lawsuit?
With over 5,000 individual Roundup cases still pending, many more individuals are coming forward with claims against Monsanto and their product Roundup.
Yet filing as an individual claim isn’t the only route victims of toxic exposure are taking. One of the other options lies in filing in a multi-district litigation (MDL) lawsuit. In an MDL, all related cases are bundled together and processed in a single court district.
The other option that victims have is to enter into a class action lawsuit. A class action lawsuit is different from an MDL in the sense that an individual’s case is consolidated into one legal action.
To further explain, an MDL is still considered an individual case, but similar to a class action lawsuit, resources are pooled across the cases that make taking on these negligent companies like Monsanto much easier.
Despite the shared benefits, an MDL is better at addressing a client’s individual needs; however, whenever the MDL or class action lawsuit is won or settled, compensation is dispersed according to the value of damages you incurred.
Whichever route you decide to take, you should speak with an experienced product liability lawyer like the ones at The Driscoll Firm, P.C. to discuss what option is best for you.
What Kind of Compensation Can a Nursery Employee Earn From a Roundup Product Liability Claim?
If while working at a nursery you were exposed to Roundup frequently and have developed certain cancers like non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, myeloma, or leukemia, you may qualify for monetary compensation that covers:
- Past and future medical expenses for cancer treatment
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Punitive damages
If you and your family have lost someone due to any of the cancers listed above, or any particular negligence by companies like Monsanto, your family may be qualified to file a wrongful death claim.
Monsanto’s negligence is not your mistake. Contact the product liability lawyers of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. today.
Our product liability lawyers will work diligently to represent you in your claim. Monsanto needs to pay for what they hid from the public and for what they did to nursery employees that fell victim to their hazardous products. We will do all of the legal heavy lifting while you focus on recuperating.