Iowa Roundup Cancer Lawyers
Monsanto was found liable in a lawsuit filed by a California man who claimed that he had developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma as a direct result of the company’s glyphosate-containing herbicide. The company, which was bought out by German multinational conglomerate Bayer, was ordered to pay out $289 million in damages to the groundskeeper who made a claim. The man claimed to had only used the product about 30 times throughout his career.
The lawsuit further alleged that for years Monsanto had been aware of the severe risks that were associated with the use of their product, and yet still failed to inform the public of said risk adequately. The company is currently facing thousands of cases alleging that the use of their Roundup products has resulted in cases of cancer and other serious illness.
Iowa, is crucial part of the U.S. agriculture system, is comprised of roughly 55,875 square feet or 85 percent of dedicated land for agricultural usage according to the Iowa Department of Agriculture. What’s more, Iowa produces more corn and soybeans than any other state in the U.S. A majority of these crops, approximately 97 and 95 percent respectively, are grown from genetically modified seeds that are also sold by agrochemical corporations like Monsanto. These seeds were often marketed as “Roundup Ready” to be used in conjunction with the Roundup product created by Monsanto to prevent the growth of weeds in crop fields.
More frightening is the fact that corn is one of the main ingredients in livestock feed, as well as a majority of other food and industrial products, such as oil, alcohol, fuel ethanol, high fructose corn syrup, and other sweeteners and starches. As such, Roundup would have been used in the process.
If you believe that you have been adversely affected by Roundup contact The Driscoll Firm, P.C. at 800-900-7704 to schedule a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced Roundup cancer lawsuit lawyers. We will ensure that your rights are protected and that you obtain the justice and financial recovery that you deserve.
The Risks of Roundup
Monsanto consistently marketed its flagship product Roundup as being both safe and effective to use. The main ingredient of Roundup is known as glyphosate. In total, this chemical has been applied a total of 1.8 million tons throughout the entire United States. This makes it one of the most used chemicals in history.
The World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) issued a report on glyphosate in March of 2015 that stated that they determined the chemical to be a “ probable human carcinogen” and found that there was a “statistically significant association between non-Hodgkin lymphoma and exposure to glyphosate.”
This report caused a great deal of controversy throughout the entirety of the United States, but especially more so in agricultural centric states like Iowa, where Roundup is utilized a great deal on the crops produced in the state. Corn has always been a popular crop amongst Iowa farmers; however, it was not until after Monsanto introduced its product Roundup to be used in conjunction with corn crops as a herbicide that the state began to see an increase in the rates of cancer.
According to one study published by the American Cancer Society, Iowa has the highest rate of cancer among any midwestern state in the country. Iowa was closely followed both Nebraska and Illinois that also happen to be largely agricultural states where the use of glyphosate is prominent.
As a result of this report, and others, the use of Roundup has been outright banned in several countries across the globe.
Who is affected by Roundup?
For decades the use of Monsanto’s Roundup product has been commonplace for individuals involved in both agricultural and floral industries. These individuals placed their faith in Monsanto’s product, but have since unfortunately fallen victim to the life-threatening side effects as a result of the products use.
This dangerous glyphosate-containing herbicide has been commonly used by:
- Farm Workers
- Garden Center Employees
- Those Who Tend Personal or Community Gardens
- Nursery Employees
However, it is essential to note that this list is not comprehensive and even those living or working close to the use of properties or industries that regularly used the product could be susceptible to adverse effects caused by the herbicide.
In a majority of cases, active exposure to roundup occurs in an aerosol form when the victims inhale the product as it is being applied to crops or other plants. Contamination is not limited merely to an airborne manner, as many victims have also come into contact with contaminated food water, or merely general proximity to the killer weed chemical.
Information about food based contaminants can be found here.
Side Effects and Injuries associated with Roundup
The main ingredient in Roundup, glyphosate, is known to be the cause of several various illnesses and has been directly associated with the progressive development of certain types of cancers in those that had contact or were in proximity with the dangerous chemical. Some of these cancers include but are not limited to:
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- B-Cell Lymphoma
While the listed medical conditions can be the result of any multitude of genetic or environmental factors, a majority of studies including those above have found that glyphosate may also be associated with the development of:
- ADHD (glyphosate is associated with problems in thyroid hormone functions)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anencephaly (birth defect)
- Brain cancers
- Breast, lung, and prostate cancers
- Celiac disease (and other gluten intolerances)
- Heart disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Reproductive problems
- Respiratory illnesses
While it is true that this illness could be the result of other factors, it is essential to note that if you suspect that Roundup was the cause of your injury, illness, or ailment, then you may be entitled to financial compensation. If you have not yet sought out medical attention, then it would be in your best interest to do so as soon as possible to ensure your wellbeing and prevent any future harm.
Why Choose The Driscoll Firm, P.C.?
Our lawyers have not only honed their legal skills but have also generated the experience necessary to help you gain the financial compensation for which you may be entitled and begin your path toward recovery. Our main goal is to allow our clients to focus on their recovery and prevent them from becoming overwhelmed by what can sometimes be a strenuous and stressful lawsuit process. We will be with you every step of the way.
You can count on any number of our experienced attorneys to:
- Pay particular attention to any possible link that Roundup may have between you, your injuries, or your illness.
- Treat you as if you were our sole client and provide you with personalized professional attention.
- Consult with experts in both the medical and scientific community to uncover any remaining links between your injuries and Roundup.
- Establish a substantial claim founded in in-depth research and sound evidence.
- Represent you in the courtroom.
- Negotiate on your behalf with the manufacturing and insurance companies to ensure that you receive that maximum amount of compensation for which you are entitled.
However, most importantly, we relive the undue burden you and your family may face due to the negligent acts of others.
How to proceed with a Roundup Injury Claim
If you believe you or a loved one was adversely affected by Roundup, and you believe that Roundup resulted in you or your family developing glyphosate-induced non-Hodgkin lymphoma, leukemia, myeloma, or another form of cancer, then you may be eligible to file a Roundup lawsuit.
To determine if you or a loved one qualify follow these simple steps:
- Reach out to The Driscoll Firm, P.C. by contacting us at The Driscoll Firm, P.C.. Or start a live chat with one of our representatives on our website. If you would like to learn more about your round-up claim or any other information on this website, please contact us now.
- Our product liability attorneys will review your case. As we evaluate your situation, our skilled attorneys will put together the necessary details and including information relevant to your side effects and or injuries. After which point, we can determine whether or not you qualify to file a lawsuit to receive compensation for the damages you have endured.
- Decide if filing for a Roundup lawsuit is right for you and your family. After speaking to our attorneys if you feel greater confidence in you Roundup claim you should make sure that pursuing a claim is your desired course of action. We want to ensure that any decisions made are the best possible decisions for you and your family, so please reach out with any comments questions or concerns.
You shouldn’t have to suffer because of the greed of large corporations. Our team of Roundup cancer attorneys is here to help fight for your rights and make sure that you and your family are protected. Contact one of our Iowa Roundup lawyers today to set up your free consultation.