Farm Worker Roundup Cancer Lawsuit
Agricultural giant, Monsanto, which was bought out by multinational conglomerate Bayer in 2018, was ordered to pay out $289 million worth of damages by a California jury in late 2018. The plaintiff was a 46-year-old groundskeeper that claimed Monsanto’s glyphosate-containing herbicide, Roundup, had caused his terminal non-Hodgkin lymphoma as a result of constantly using the product throughout his career.
The plaintiff’s legal team argued that the company has been aware of the toxicity of Roundup for years and yet has failed to recall the item or even warns users about the potential hazards associated with using it. The company is now facing thousands of lawsuits all across the United States from victims alleging that Roundup caused them to develop serious health issues including various forms of cancer.
These individuals deserve justice, and if you are suffering from non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or other health issues and have a long history of farm work, then you deserve justice too.
The experienced and committed national litigation lawyers of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. are ready to defend the rights of farm workers who are facing serious health and financial damages as a result of using Roundup.
Agriculture and farm workers should consult the trustworthy Roundup cancer lawsuit attorneys by contacting us right now at 800-900-7704 or online. We are ready to help you obtain the justice and recovery you deserve.
What Makes Roundup so Toxic?
Roundup is one of the most commonly used herbicides in the world. It contains the key active ingredient glyphosate, which is effective at destroying weeds while allowing plants to flourish. Farms all across America have been using Roundup for decades to help treat their crops.
A 2015 report released by the World Health Organization (WHO) has found links between cancer and glyphosate. Various other agencies have conducted their own studies and come to similar conclusions. The International Agency for Research on Cancer also found connections between the ingredient and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Various countries have already banned Roundup in light of these developments.
Victims should not stay silent about the health issues they have had to endure as a result of being exposed to the dangerous herbicide.
The skilled team at The Driscoll Firm, P.C. is ready to earn your trust. Contact us today at 800-900-7704 to learn more about how we can help you.
How are people exposed to Roundup?
The widespread use of Roundup has led many to suffer its harmful side effects, especially individuals working on farms or in various positions in the agricultural industry.
Exposure to Roundup and other pesticides typically occurs in three common ways:
- Skin Contact: Farm workers typically must mix and apply pesticides, as well as clean-up the equipment used to spray the chemicals. Farm workers face high exposure events such as spills as well. Studies show that the hands and forearms suffer the greatest pesticide exposure but other body parts such as the thighs, chest, and back may also face signification exposure.
- Through Ingestion: Ingestion – or oral exposure – often occurs after a farm worker handles a toxic product but fails to wash their hands properly before eating (or smoking). In many instances, pesticides are absorbed when they are improperly stored in unlabeled bottles or food containers, and thus accidentally consumed. When swallowed by mistakes, the chemical can quickly find its way into the bloodstream and cause serious health issues.
- Through Inhalation: Farm workers often breathe in toxic pesticides, which can cause serious damage to the nose, throat, and lung tissues. These individuals are often exposed via vapors when sprays are applied in areas in which they are working.
While a small amount of pesticide absorbed in a single exposure will generally not cause illness, it is the absorption of small quantities over long periods of time that end up causing serious chronic illnesses or even death.
Years and years of agricultural work means farm workers have faced continual exposure to the toxic glyphosate in Roundup.
Your ability to recover maximum damages is just a phone call away. Call our dedicated Roundup cancer lawsuit attorneys right now at 800-900-7704.
What are the harmful effects of Roundup exposure?
The danger of Roundup lies in the herb-destroying ingredient glyphosate. In brief exposure to glyphosate, individuals may suffer from:
- Skin irritation
- Nose and throat irritation
- Burns in the mouth and throat
- Blindness (eye exposure)
Farm workers who were chronically exposed to Roundup and other glyphosate-containing pesticides face truly life-threatening health issues, including certain types of cancers such as:
- B-Cell Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Alongside these cancers, studies have shown links between the chemicals in Roundup and other health issues, including:
- ADHD (issues related to thyroid hormone functions)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Anencephaly (birth defect)
- Brain cancers
- Breast, lung, and prostate cancers
- Celiac disease (and other gluten intolerances)
- Heart disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Liver disease
- Lou Gehrig’s disease (ALS)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Reproductive problems
- Respiratory illnesses
We would like to note that although many other factors can result in these conditions, it is in your best interest to seek our professional medical assessment to begin treating the condition.
If you have developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or some other form of cancer after working continually with Roundup, seek help from the knowledgeable product liability attorneys at The Driscoll Firm, P.C.. We will help you to uncover the cause of your illness and deliver legal remedy if necessary.
What Compensation Is Available to Me?
Farm workers that have been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or other glyphosate-related illnesses should seek legal consultation from our expert product liability attorneys to see what damages are available for their specific case.
Please be aware that there is no set value on a Roundup cancer lawsuit. The individual circumstances of your symptoms and illness will affect the amount you are able to recover. Rest assured, however, that we will fight diligently to secure you fair and reasonable compensation for the damages you have suffered.
The following damages may be recovered:
- Economic damages. This can include compensation for medical bills, lost income, loss of earning capacity, out-of-pocket expenses related to your injury and more.
- Non-economic damage. This refers to any physical, mental, or emotional damages suffered by the victim and caused by the responsible party. This can include compensation for pain and suffering, loss of consortium, psychological damages, and more.
- Punitive damage. This type of compensation is awarded if it can be proven that the defendant acted in a malicious, fraudulent, or grossly negligent manner.
Hardworking individuals now suffering from their exposure to Roundup spent years working with the toxic chemical without ever being warned by Monsanto or their employers about the dangers associated with the herbicide.
Our experienced Roundup lawsuit lawyers will make sure your voice and pain are heard.
For a no-obligation consultation, contact the Roundup cancer lawsuit attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. today at 800-900-7704.
Do I need an attorney for my pesticide lawsuit?
With years of success in handling cases like yours, our lawyers have acquired the necessary knowledge and tools of litigation to help secure the maximum amount of damages for our clients. Our team will confidently fight back against even the largest corporations that knowingly allowed consumers to use these carcinogenic chemicals.
The Roundup cancer lawsuit attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. can skillfully defend your rights and guide you through any legal concerns that can arise from these complex situations.
You can depend on our skilled product liability attorneys to:
- Diligently investigate your situation to unveil evidence of negligence.
- Collaborate with a support team that includes medical and scientific professionals.
- Offer clients compassionate and attentive services.
- Negotiate with difficult defendants to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Negotiate with bad faith insurance companies.
- Confidently represent you in court if the case progresses.
Steps to Take to File Your Roundup Cancer Lawsuit
If you have developed non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma or other health issues caused by the toxic ingredient glyphosate, now is the time to take legal action.
Based on the increasing numbers of Roundup lawsuits, many claims are now being funneled into Multi-District Litigation (MDL) in which settlements are paid out to individuals according to the unique circumstances of their claim. The well-versed attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C. can assist you whether your claim is to be filed as an individual, class action lawsuit, or multi-district litigation claim.
Consider taking these steps to recover the maximum amount of available damages.
Seek medical assessment immediately.
The status of your health is the first step to determine if Roundup weed killer has affected you. If you do have certain health complications linked to glyphosate, then you may be eligible for compensation.
Document your history of exposure.
If you have been employed as a farm worker or in the agricultural industry before, then you may have been exposed to Roundup. Note the time frame you worked in this industry and how often you may have worked with the pesticide.
Contact the dependable Roundup attorneys of The Driscoll Firm, P.C.
Do not face these negligent companies alone. These types of cases can quickly become complicated, but with an experienced and hardworking team at your side, you have the best chance at securing considerable compensation.
Depend on the trustworthy and compassionate pesticide cancer lawyers at The Driscoll Firm, P.C. to deliver the results you deserve. Contact us today at 800-900-7704 for a no-obligation consultation.